Ol’ Blue is my long term project I traded CrAzYbLaZe project for in the beginning of 2011.
This page is an index of the projects and changes to it where you will be able to click links to mini project posts.
If the links below aren’t active, then I haven’t made a post for that part of the build yet. Stay tuned, this will get updated often!
- Converting Chevy 14 Bolt to Disk brakes using common parts
- 14 bolt welded “locked” differential – What it means and how to do it
- Converting DRW Dana 60 front axle to SRW
- Shaving axles for offroad use
- Building Home-made beefy differential covers
- Lowering Ol’ Blue – Before and After Summary
- New Rear Suspension and part of the frame
- Rear Traction Bar Build
- Rear Sway Bar from Junkyard Parts
- New Front suspension with leaf spring sliders
- Un-doing part of the wiring nightmare
- Building custom engine crossmember and motor mounts
- Building custom transmission crossmember
- Building custom exhaust
- Diagnosing and repairing broken rocker studs
- Replacing carburetor
- Un-doing part of the bodywork nightmare
- Custom rear tube bumper with receiver hitch
- Applying for and receiving a Kansas “Quiet Title”
- Cheapo LED Rock Lights from WalMart??
Wheeling and Event Pictures
My original build thread I started before I had this website and can be found on the Pirate 4×4 forum HERE.